Another year, another blurred weekend of loud music, sunburns, and undulating seas of humanity. Highlights included:
- Access to showers.
- Randomly meeting this guy, then later seeing his band (Les Savy Fav) play.
- Watching Prince on the jumbo screen from afar, just heroically exorcising his guitar Hendrix style. Like, wow.
- Witnessing a freak dust devil blow through the polo field, *video after the jump.
- Roger Waters bringing the 70s back and blowing minds with a theatrically grand, visually compelling show. You couldn’t not think it was awesome.
- And without a doubt the highlight of Coachella, and the only full set I was able to catch, was Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings throwing down the fucking gauntlet and successfully convincing droves white people they had rhythm. This white person included.
Click below for collaged totem-pole of images, plus video…
“Fear Builds Walls”